PROFESSIONAL COURSE IN COPYEDITING AND PROOFREADING
Interested? Register here
Course fees: Rs. 14,000/- NOW Rs. 10,000 only + (GST 18%)
If you are a fresher contemplating to take the plunge into the corporate world or looking for a change in your career and you have a fair amount of writing skills, this course will help you to hone your skills in basic grammar and learn copy editing skills.
This in-depth copy editing professional certificate course will make you industry ready and an enviable candidate for MNCs and publishing houses who look for candidates with ample knowledge in copy editing before they hire.
You can also take up jobs in the newspaper industry, magazines, and small businesses. If you do not want to take up a full time job, this course will be the most ideal one for you to project yourself as a freelancer.
Our copy editing program consists of a series of dedicated modules covering copy editing fundamentals. Towards the end of the course, participants will be able to
- Review grammar, spelling, punctuation, style, and readability
- Research and verify facts
- Spot typographical errors
- Edit style and language
- Express ideas clearly and logically while adhering to editorial policy
- Preserve the original writer's voice throughout the copy-revision process
Who can apply?
The copy editing program is intended for professionals at all levels in such fields as publishing, journalism, marketing, management, education, and sciences. Individuals interested in developing specific copy editing skills or in enhancing their abilities to produce professionally written documents in any industry will benefit from the program’s detail-driven approach to copyediting.
Participants must be a graduate in any stream and knowledge of basic english grammar is essential.
Module 1 - Refine your grammar skills
- Parts of speech - Noun, pronoun, adjective, verb and its forms, preposition, conjunction, adverb
- Phrases and clauses
Module 2 - Proofreading
- Editing for style - Elements of style including spelling, capitalization, abbreviations, and numbers
- Punctuation for professionals - Commas, colons, quotation marks, ellipses, and dashes.
- Proofreading marks
- Tools for exploring the required information
- Standard proofreading
- Comparison proofing
Module 3 - Copy editing
- Difference between copy editing and proofreading
- Preparing Style Sheets
- Editing skills - Editing for Conciseness and for bias-free language
- Types of editing - Light editing, Substantive editing, Technical editing
- Referencing styles- APA, Chicago, Harvard, MLA, Vancouver
The candidate’s performance will be evaluated at the end of each module and successful candidates will be awarded with professional certification in proofreading and copyediting at the end of respective course. Rehoboth Academic Services is an autonomous institute and is not affiliated to any university.
Career in Editing
- Publishing companies
- Print industries (newspapers and magazines)
- Content writers/ editors
- Web content developer/ editor
How to Apply
Interested candidates can contact Dr A. Ganasoundari at Rehoboth Academic Services, 3rd floor, above Iyengar Bakery, #45, Old Race Course Road, Austin Town, Bangalore - 560 047.
Phone number: +91-9741871657, 9731988227.
E-mail address: email@example.com or click here
The candidates will have to take up an entrance exam before joining the course.
Why choose us?
- Guaranteed satisfaction
- High academic standards
- Highly experienced trainer
- Enjoyable learning experience