Reference Management Workshop
Date: July 17, 2021 (2 pm to 4 pm)
Venue: ZOOM (FREE Zoom Workshop)
A practical guide to use Mendeley and Zotero
Reference managers are many, but not all of them are free. Mendeley and Zotero are free reference managers. They also support academic social network that augments productivity, enables online collaboration, and helps find new publications. The main focus point for a research scholar is that it enables organise the references in folders for easy retrieval and citation. Mobile applications for smartphones ensure remote access to documents and references. Private and public groups can be created to collaborate with other researchers. These softwares can be easily synchronised with the MS Word through plugin offered by them thus generate bibliography effortlessly.
Common features of reference managers
- Store references in a searchable database
- Attach PDFs and other files
- Auto-generate citations and bibliographies/ reference lists in your document in your chosen style
- Share collections of references with others
- Sync your references across multiple devices
- Collect and store references
- Manage and organize References for easy retrieval
- Generate citations for different reference styles
- Generate reference lists.
Postgraduate students, researchers and academics in any discipline.